Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Ripper



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature at Breaking the Spine.

The book I'm "waiting on" is Ripper by Stefan Petrucha. It will be published March 1, 2012.

Summary from Goodreads: You thought you knew him. You were dead wrong.

Carver Young dreams of becoming a detective, despite growing up in an orphanage with only crime novels to encourage him. But when he is adopted by Detective Hawking of the world famous Pinkerton Agency, Carver is given not only the chance to find his biological father, he finds himself smack in the middle of a real life investigation: tracking down a vicious serial killer who has thrown New York City into utter panic. When the case begins to unfold, however, it’s worse than he could have ever imagined, and his loyalty to Mr. Hawking and the Pinkertons comes into question. As the body count rises and the investigation becomes dire, Carver must decide where his true loyalty lies.

Full of whip-smart dialogue, kid-friendly gadgets, and featuring a then New York City Police Commisioner Teddy Roosevelt, Ripper challenges everything you thought you knew about the world’s most famous serial killer.

Why I'm waiting: When I was younger, I loved to read True Crime books or peruse Crime Library. While I don't do this as much anymore, I'm still interested in these topics, and a retelling of Jack the Ripper intrigues me.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one before but it sounds really good! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super psyched for this one! it sounds awesome!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, totally creeptastic this one is.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny I have an Arc of this that I happened to pick up at NYC Comic Con. I need to read this one. Great choice.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god Jack the Ripper stories really fascinate me I have to check this one out!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete